You will weigh the pros and cons of cloud computing to make effective decisions and meet IT challenges. The CompTIA Cloud Essentials specialty certification demonstrates an individual knows what cloud computing means from a business and technical perspective, as well as what is involved in moving to and governing the cloud. The Cloud Essentials exam objectives were originally developed by ITpreneurs in cooperation with the Cloud Credential Council, a membership body dedicated to vendor-neutral training in cloud computing.
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- Differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measures needed for each.
- Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing.
- Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- Identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework is useful in the implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- Identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Topic 1A: Overview of Cloud Computing
- Topic 1B: Evolution of the Cloud
- Topic 1C: Specialized Cloud Services
- Lesson 2: Business Value of Cloud Computing
Topic 2A: Business Need for Cloud Computing
- Topic 2B: Cloud Scalability
- Topic 2C: Cloud Security
- Topic 2D: Impact of Cloud Computing on Business
- Lesson 3: Technical Perspectives of Cloud Computing
Topic 3A: The Cloud Deployment Models
- Topic 3B: Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment
- Topic 3C: Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing
- Topic 3D: Federated Cloud Services
- Topic 3E: Standardization
Lesson 4: Technical Challenges of Cloud Computing
- Topic 4A: Cloud Storage
- Topic 4B: Application Performance
- Topic 4C: Data Integration
- Topic 4D: Security Risks and Mitigation
- Topic 4E: Application Architecture and the Development Process
Lesson 5: Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud Services
- Topic 5A: Steps to Adopting Cloud Services
- Topic 5B: Organizational Capability to Adopt Cloud Services
- Topic 5C: Cloud Vendor Roles and Capabilities
- Topic 5D: Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Lesson 6: ITIL and Cloud Computing
- Topic 6A: Overview of ITIL
- Topic 6B: Planning Service Strategy
- Topic 6C: Designing Cloud Service
- Topic 6D: Transitioning to Live Environment
- Topic 6E: Running a Cloud Service Operation
- Topic 6F: Continual Service Improvement with Cloud
Lesson 7: Identifying Risks and Consequences
- Topic 7A: Organizational Risks
- Topic 7B: Technical Risks
- Topic 7C: Legal Risks
- Topic 7D: Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing
- Topic 7E: Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility
- Appendix A: Mapping CompTIA Training Course Content to the CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO- 001) Exam Objectives
- Appendix B: CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO-001) Acronyms
The CompTIA Cloud Essential Specialty certification is relevant to IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants, business and IT management, business process owners, and analysts.
This CompTIA Training Course is the first step on a training path that can lead to a technical career dealing with cloud computing. CompTIA recommends that a candidate have at least six months of experience in an IT environment, with direct involvement in IT-related tasks, responsibilities and/or decision-making. It is also recommended that the candidate take the following CompTIA Training Course: Introduction to Network Design and Management.
Sessions: 2 days
Class time: TBD
Instructional Method: Instructor Led – Classroom